Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

So I was feeling a little bit like I didn't have anything fun to do and decided to throw the boys an un-birthday party. Well, at least with a cake a some loose balloons. I made them their very own cakes and decorated them beautifully.(I intend on learning how to decorate cakes the next time I get together with my mom and Ali). When Bryson and Weston got home from school, I sang them the Alice and Wonderland version of "A very merry un-birthday to you, to you" etc. They were surprised. Bryson was about to throw up just looking at the cake because he was fed a huge cupcake and ice cream at school for a kids birthday and wanted nothing to do with the cake. Weston on the other hand ate almost the whole thing in about 7 minutes. Because Deacon was home while I made the cakes, he just couldn't wait for the boys to get home. I let him dig into his early. He was very confused about it being his birthday. He kept saying, "today is my birthday?" I would tell him "no, it's your unbirthday. Any day that is not your birthday is your un-birthday". He would nod and then a few minutes later he would ask again, "today is my birthday?" It was fun. All I can say is that when they get older, they better remember what an awesome mom I was because I threw them an un-birthday party.




1 comment:

Mitch, Kris, and Tricky said...

How fun! I want to have an unbirthday! Haha Deacon is so cute and funny. I can just hear him adking, "Today is my birhtday?" Oh I miss them so much, they are getting so big and grown up looking!